Mental Health. Fears and Nightmares within.
This selection of images depict what it is like to suffer with a mental illness. Depression and anxiety are invisible illnesses which can affect anyone at any age. My images show the fears and daily life of what it feels like to suffer with depression and anxiety. “You physically feel alone at the same time as feeling trapped and breathless.” “Your demons control you.” These images intend to physically show people who don’t suffer with depression and anxiety, what living with a mental illness feels like.
Below are websites which will educate people and helplines for people who do suffer.
- 116 123 (free to call from within the UK and Ireland), 24 hours a day
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm (except bank holidays).
- InfoLine: 0300 123 3393 to call, or text 86463
- Email: email@example.com
- Parents helpline: 0808 802 5544 (Mon-Fri from 9.30am to 4pm)
- YoungMinds Crisis Messenger: text YM to 85258
Rethink Mental Illness
- National Advice Service: 0300 5000 927 (Open 10am to 2pm, Monday to Friday)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org